The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - my old rolex explorer 1 (ref 5500) needs restoring. Apparently I need to find a new/reconditioned rotor post. The automatic needs looking at too.

I'm based in London and wondering if anyone can help me or direct me to someone who knows these watches and can do the work economically as it's an old friend and keen to get it back on my wrist.

Thanks so much in advance.
Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you thought about buying a new Rolex? It's just that you can pawn the old ones and then buy a new Rolex. I believe this is a good idea. For example, when I wanted to buy a new necklace, I decided to turn it to a pawnshop that I found on Pawn / Sell my Watch in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles areas. So I handed over my old necklace to a pawnshop and used the money I received to buy another necklace from the same pawn shop. It's just that recently I began to see rare and expensive things. So, think about this. As you can buy a new Rolex model.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I put a new rotor post in a Rolex. I can't remember the model number but it was say within 20 years old. The post was generic for Rolex. You might find one for yours too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts