The Watch Site banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do the true dials have a blue tint to them? Some of the pictures, they look black some, blueish.

I'm trying to figure out if my supposedly correct dial is correct. It is definitely black, has Japan before the 6309 and is a different dial code.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Do the true dials have a blue tint to them? Some of the pictures, they look black some, blueish.

I'm trying to figure out if my supposedly correct dial is correct. It is definitely black, has Japan before the 6309 and is a different dial code.
Mine is defenitely blue :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
After my brief encounters with 6309-729's I have to agree Jonas. At least my AM laden 6309-729A looks 'mint' to the uninitiated and only cost me $50 anyway ;)
edit:- after just having a look at what is on offer on eBay, I was mildly surprised to find not a single example of the 6309-7290/A without an after market dial, despite the claims of originality and prices in excess of $250! :eek:

Hi. Would like to know if my 6309-729A is original, after market in any way or otherwise. Been with me for more than 30 years. Dad gave it to me as a birthday gift.
Seiko 6309 729A.jpg

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Initially looks totally original to me, which is what you would expect as you have had the watch for 30 years, I doubt that after market parts have been available for any more than 25 years at the most......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry sir it was just my honest opinion regarding your review apologies.I just like to share n stand to be corrected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I have a 6309-729A with JAPAN on top of those numbers on the case back and the dial has "17 jewels" under the 150m just like this picture. I have to agree that your dial is aftermarket.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts