The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the watch arrived yesterday , a Stuhrling, Analog Display, Mechanical Hand Wind Watch . Since it is a skeleton watch on both sides ,what struck me immediately was how empty it was . There are parts in a thin strip in the middle of the watch and the rest is just empty space. I was also surprised as to how quiet the watch is. I thought that hand wind watches were loud because when I was a young puppy I got my first watch from my Father and it was so loud that it could be heard from a distance , but not so with this watch which is ultra quiet.

It took so long to wind it that I was beginning to think it was defective but this morning it only took a short amount of time to wind. Will it be necessary to wind this watch every day or just on the days that I want to wear it ?

Another important factor is that it is comfortable to wear at size 42, unlike the Diesel watch which I returned to the store. It was so large that it was uncomfortable to wear. So in conclusion I am happy with the purchase because 1. it was inexpensive at $130 2. it is a hand wind watch 3. it is comfortable to wear 4. it is keeping accurate time 5. It looks interesting and something different

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stuhrling Watch that I purchased

Photos please!
I agree that such a post should include a photo of the watch but the problem is that I don't know how to post a picture .That wasn't so difficult after all, I opened a new window and just dragged the picture here. So much easier than save, edit, file , paste, copy etc. lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you did, but that is a seller's image which when clicked on links to the seller's site..

By real life photos I mean photos taken by the watch owner. .
I don't think anything of the watch would be legible if I took a picture with my camera. Sorry ,this is about the best I can do . I hope I didn't break any rules with the picture that I posted but if I did it was not intentional.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I don't think anything of the watch would be legible if I took a picture with my camera. Sorry ,this is about the best I can do . I hope I didn't break any rules with the picture that I posted but if I did it was not intentional.
Fair enough, Peter..

Worth trying though as the pictures get better over time.. a tripod for the camera can help and taking the pics in natural light can work wonders..

Can't find it right now but I think there might be a thread on the forum about taking wstch photos..

If using a phone or tablet to take pics then set for auto focus..

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts