The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Citizen diver from Yahoo Japan turned up this week after I purchased it on a whim.

I was not familiar with the model before and the sellers photos and description did not really have much info other than Citizen Eco-Drive divers watch.

I did a quick search around the net but could not find any info on the model, as I had no model #, year of manufacture or even caliber model. I was concerned a little about its size as the sellers photos gave no real indication of this.

Searching on Citizen Eco-Drive diver did not throw up any matching results but thought it looked good and would be worth the try.

When it turned up I was very pleasantly surprised.

The watch came with its original packaging, manual and hang tag. The model is a VO10-6782B and it was from the Alterna series.

This example is from November 2009 and the model seems to have been JDM only with just a couple of years production.

As you can see it uses the Eco-Drive E168 movement.

The model had a list price of just 21,000 yen and I purchased this for about 2/3rd of list price.

The lume in it seems quite strong and I do not mind the off green slightly aged look to it.

I really like the dial design and the raised bordered markers reminiscent of their early 70's models and the Seiko 6105.

The size was also not a problem for me as it measures 42mm across without the crown.

I am surprised that this is a model I have not seen more of before as it seems like it ticks the boxes for what many people would want in a grab and go basic divers watch.

Do any other members have examples of this model?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's the first Eco Drive I've seen that I would consider owning. I like the classical styling. Enjoy it!

Myles

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
very classic look...love it...great find

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Good looking too

Like the case design, those hands, and the size seem good also.
The lume is real nice too, both lighted and Darken out.
Looks like Patina.
Good choice yet it was a tricky one.
Great catch Anthony, like it much.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My goodness that is nice! I do love citizen's paddle hands...

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
+1 on everybody else's " dam that's a fine lookin watch " comments.

Everything I like about the older vintage Citizen divers in a new case.
Good size for me too.

Many Thanks for sharing Anthony.

Kind Regards

Graham

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the complements. I am surprised that no other member has commented that they have this model.

I really like this one and have actually ordered the orange version that the same seller had available. Unfortunately these seemed to be the only two units that the seller had available.

When the orange version arrives I will post photos of it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am surprised that no other member has commented that they have this model.

I was similarly surprised when I recently posted a vintage citizen diver with looks not unlike your new acquisition. Of course it's tempting to think I have acquired some ultra rare gem but I wonder if it's more that citizen divers have generally been less appreciated than their seiko counterparts, at least in the west (not sure about domestically?)...

Look forward to seeing the orange version!

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
can't wait to see the orange....great looking i bet

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:I loved everything about it except the hour hand but that's starting to grow on me now:grin: the lume colour is fab

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
that is right...it does blend the two models together

·
Special Member
4,888 Posts
Boy, one of these days I'm gonna have to get a citizen diver. I like the dial and lack of Eco-drive wording on yours Anthony.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow this is a spectacular watch.... I'll have to keep my eyes open for one now :) I love how it doesn't say eco-drive on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed the back says 'japan mov't cased in china'.

Isn't is easy to put a completed movement in a case compared to building the movement? In other words, why do it in china?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts