The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered these as I was getting some new capacitors placed in nearly 20 year old kinetics that I had not worn in years. The February 1972 6139-7039 is all original except for the gaskets replaced during the service and the March 1976 4006-6089 Bellmatic got service and a new crystal. Both have their original bracelets. The 6139 is very pristine. The Bellmatic has just a little stain on the dial because of the broken crystal. Both are alive and functioning well and being worn on a regular basis, keeping great time. It is so much fun to bring something back to life like that. Neither one the most sought after but deserving! And the new capacitors in the kinetics are unbelievable too!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice watches, love the Bell-Matic
how much do capacitors cost for kinetics?
thx
john

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well they are gorgeous..any one would be honored to have them in their collection

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice watches, love the Bell-Matic
how much do capacitors cost for kinetics?
thx
john
I believe you can order proper replacement capacitor for less than $20 US. The watchmaker who replaced them for me replaced 3 capacitors, thoroughly cleaned watch and bracelet on two, cleaned the interior as needed on all three, and I put a new leather strap on one and I paid him $150. I still wear the leather kinetic 5M43-0A29 and the capacitance is huge. The other two are still extremely nice but not really worth a lot as far as collectibility. Now with new capacitrs will serve very well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is the capacitor basically the same technology as the capacitor found in a Citizen Eco-Drive?

I have one of those that does not fully charge (according to the built in guage) and discharges more quickly than my other Eco-Drives.

I believe you can order proper replacement capacitor for less than $20 US. The watchmaker who replaced them for me replaced 3 capacitors, thoroughly cleaned watch and bracelet on two, cleaned the interior as needed on all three, and I put a new leather strap on one and I paid him $150. I still wear the leather kinetic 5M43-0A29 and the capacitance is huge. The other two are still extremely nice but not really worth a lot as far as collectibility. Now with new capacitrs will serve very well.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Hey anytime you can take anything unloved and bring it back to life...no matter how valuable it it...it is well worth doing it ...in the world we live in that everything is disposable...it is great to see so many that still care...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the capacitor basically the same technology as the capacitor found in a Citizen Eco-Drive?

I have one of those that does not fully charge (according to the built in guage) and discharges more quickly than my other Eco-Drives.[/QUOTE

Her is something from a vendor

These capacitors are the genuine Seiko replacement capacitors that Seiko is now supplying for the Kinetic watch line. If you want to call them rechargeable batteries instead of a capacitor it is okay with us. These capacitors replace the original capacitors chemical composition with different chemicals, Lithium-ion (some-say) which allows these capacitors to hold the charge longer. These are the same system now as the Citizen Capacitors and the basic shells are made by Panasonic for both of these watch companies. The old capacitors Seiko first used on these watches were discontinued and replaced by these capacitors a few years back. We have none of the old style in stock.
Important Note:
Always use the Watch Movement Caliber Number or the Published Seiko Stock Numbers to select the genuine Seiko Capacitor/Rechargeable Battery, since the number stamped on the item can be the same as others of the same size made by Panasonic, made without the correct placements of the connectors that make each capacitor unique for the Seiko or Citizen Watch Movement you have.

After installing a new Capacitor in a Seiko Kinetic Watch you must shake or swing the watch from 800 to 2,000 time to fully charge the new capacitor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts