The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I am searching for a suitable DIY replacement crystal in mineral glass or sapphire for the NY2300 online but nothing turned up. Most threads over at forums like WUS started on this had little or no replies and nothing conclusive turned up. :(

Does anyone have a resource or dimensions of the crystal that you could share?

The NY2300 is a neat little watch that is under rated for modding purposes in my opinion as compared to the Seiko 7S26s and 6309s, probably due to parts availability.

Hoping someone experienced in restoration or modding could chime in on this. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You can contact Jonathan (swedefreak on the forum ).. He is the best person for this.
Thanks for the recommendation, Sri, but I do not deal in parts other than Seiko. ESPECIALLY Citizen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to www.chronograph.com

Use the contact page to send them a query. Be sure to include movement - case number from the case back, the number should be something like 8203-824393.

That site used to offer a variety of Seiko parts, hopefully you can get the crystal you need. I believe that business is located in Singapore.

Let the rest of us know how this works out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They replied within 2 hours but the reply also said that they do not carry this anymore. What a shame. Ramon sells a lot of these NY2300 divers which, in my opinion, is a good size if your wrists are below 7 inches.

Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got so far as to find out the part number for this.

It's 54-L5334G.

Boley has them but they don't sell to end consumers, only businesses.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to thank John of Tentotwo Watch Services (http://www.tentotwo.nl/) for responding to my query on this subject matter.

To top it off, he even sent me a crystal to try out along with some dials and bezel inserts.

We've never met before, and I am deeply appreciative of his generosity and gesture.

The crystal that is used by John in his work for Citizen NY2300 divers as replacements are the 2.0mm thick, 29.3mm diameter mineral crystals from Cousins UK.

I hope this will help anyone using this dive watch as a modding base in future regarding its replacement crystal choice. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts