The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Craftsman
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in 6139-7012 Speedtimer............:)

Picked this up a little while back and having a little free time on my hands with time off from work I finally got around to it. It was in sad shape but showed it had been loved for many years before finding it's way to me. The crystal was trashed along with the outer bezel. The case had seen it's share of dings and dents but I just Love the color scheme of the dial.

Luckily, since some wise Old Coot once taught me it was all about spares, I had a nos crystal + nos outer bezel on hand along with all the gaskets needed for a complete reseal. I got to work and disassembled the case for cleaning, light refinishing, and gentle hand polish. The case had it's share of battle scars so I knew some would still show once I was finished because I didn't want to remove too much material in an effort to preserve the case lines. This style of case has a brushed finish from side to side rather then in a circular pattern like most other 6139's. The case turned out nice considering it's scars from the past.........

Nicely equipped with an original bracelet.......

Another Keeper.......;)

·
Craftsman
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!

It didn't come with the bracelet but I had it as an original on another 6139-7002. So presto-changeo it found a new home.

I was never a fan of this style case until I saw this dial on the 7012. Now I'm sold....Even old dogs can change their mind........:)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I love those old beaters like that watch. As long as all the parts are there you usually have no problems and when your done it is a sheer joy knowing you took something ugly and made it beautiful once again. The colors on that dial are beautiful and I also love those big heavy chunky bracelets. Especially on those older Seiko's. A job well done sir!

Michael

·
Craftsman
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I appreciate to nice comments!

·
Registered
235 Posts
SeikoPsycho2- Well done recovering the like new loveliness of a 1970's era Seiko 6139 watch, or 'wet dog' as you say. Very Well done and you deserve a cheer for this great restoration! Congratulations and Wear it with good Luck always!---Eli---

·
Craftsman
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Craftsman
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SeikoPsycho2- Well done recovering the like new loveliness of a 1970's era Seiko 6139 watch, or 'wet dog' as you say. Very Well done and you deserve a cheer for this great restoration! Congratulations and Wear it with good Luck always!---Eli---
Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts + comments.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts