The Watch Site banner

Required Reading (or Recommended Listening)

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  tritto 
#1 ·
I really enjoyed the below podcast, a few historical facts from Seiko's bifurcated factory system blew my mind and challenged what I believed to be true regarding Daini and Suwa. Please check it out! (And see if you can spot the familiar voice that appears as a guest!)

#2 ·
Thank you Noah for sharing this. Fascinating perspective. Wonder how the 2 P&Ls came together and what pressure existed if Suwa outearned Daini or vice versa and how maybe then the friendly rivalry factor wore off quick.

Hearing “our very own” AK at 13 minutes in was definitely the high spot for me.!

#5 ·
Terrific podcast! I learned a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Fascinating. I was under the mistaken impression that Daini was the second factory, as in being established after Suwa. It would seem that in fact Daini predated Suwa, and the "second" appellation was applied because the head office was the first of the "sons" of the Hattori family.

Access to content like this is what sets SCWF (yeah I know, old habits) apart from lesser forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.