The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 6309 (non-diver) that has a pretty scratched up hardlex crystal. I was wondering if it could be refitted with an acrylic crystal. thanks.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I have an 6309 (non-diver) that has a pretty scratched up hardlex crystal. I was wondering if it could be refitted with an acrylic crystal. thanks.

You'd need to post pics or at least the full model number for us to help.

Just one question though - why ? Acrylics scratch if you breathe hard on them, hardlex are a lot more scratch resistant.

Accepted that acrylics can be polished a lot more easily though.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Above where?

The model number is 8 digits in 2 blocks of 4. You've said its a 6309 so it will be 6309-xxxx

The first four are the movement and the second four the case style.

Sent via t'interweb thingy using magic n stuff....

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
here is the pic of that model

Attachments

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
It is very easy to switch out to an acrylic. You won't need the nylon gasket either

The key to success is having the EXACT diameter. Figure 0.1 to 0.15 mm greater diameter than the Hardlex you are replacing.

Sometimes a nice dome or high rise profile can improve the looks a lot. Not so much for resale value.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
hehehe that'll teach me to use my ipad all the time, i don't get to see the individual post titles on it!

Above where?

The model number is 8 digits in 2 blocks of 4. You've said its a 6309 so it will be 6309-xxxx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
above as in the title

Above where?

anyway its 6309 8060

1 - 11 of 11 Posts