The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I posted a recent topic about an SKX031 that my dad is refurbishing. I've been doing research on replacement crystals. I've found these on ebay:

ebay.com/itm/1-SEIKO-100M-DOMED-BLUE-AR-SAPPHIRE-CRYSTAL-GLASS-SKX031-SKX033-J-K-7S26-0040-/111618780810?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fcff6e8a

Esslinger shows a 1mm thick 30mm domed/round crystal here:

esslinger.com/domed-and-round-sapphire-watch-crystal.aspx

Otto Frei shows a 1.5mm thick 30mm domed/round crystal here:

ofrei.com/page1209.html

My father replaced a SKX025 with the Esslinger domed round, which is 1mm thick. I've attached a picture here. You can see that the crystal sits slightly below the edge of the bezel insert. The stock crystal is about 2mm thick and flat, so it ends up flush with the bezel. You can see that this one sits a little lower than the bezel and a small amount of the crystal gasket is showing.

So here's the question. Does anyone make a replacement crystal that's 2.0mm thick at the edge instead of 1mm like the Esslinger? Otto Frei shows a 1.5mm thick crystal here but I've not seen one used on a Seiko as of yet. The idea is to have a dome crystal that meets the edge of the bezel, similar to how a stock Omega or something similar is. Is it even possible since the Seiko requires a 2mm thick crystal?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
The crystal you're looking for is a 300PX5HN03. These are still available from Seiko.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. Does anyone make a 2mm thick domed round Sapphire crystal?

It looks like Dagaz carries one for the SKX007/009 but he only has the bubble dome for the SKX031. I'm looking for the regular low dome style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts