The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I don't know the exact model number of this watch - the movement is the 5J22, it's the Kinetic Auto Relay Titanium that looks like the SMA003 and SMA033 (which are the stainless-steel version) It's about 10 years old now...

I'm looking for a replacement crystal for it and am wondering that as it was originally supplied with Hardlex (which on a crystal that is domed so much, it's a recipe for disaster) is there an aftermarket replacement sapphire crystal available?

The thing that will make it tricky is that the silver spot in the middle of the face, that covers the centre of the dial, is actually in the crystal, it's not sitting on top of the hands.

Does anyone know if there's a sapphire alternative, or is it off to Seiko for an OEM replacement and a capacitor upgrade?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
As with any Seiko, the retail sales number is useless when tracking down parts. Please provide the full movement-casing number: 5J22-XXXX

I believe I can still obtain these crystals but need that number to begin the search.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the back of the case it's got 5J22-0B89 and then A0 in a box following that.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My local watchmaker ended up having the part in stock, as did swedefreak from memory.
I wanted to get a sapphire, but they are very difficult to track down and they don't have the silver dome in the middle that covers the centre of the hands.

I ended up going for the OEM one and the watch looks fantastic now - it's amazing the difference a new crystal makes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sorry I don't know the exact model number of this watch - the movement is the 5J22, it's the Kinetic Auto Relay Titanium that looks like the SMA003 and SMA033 (which are the stainless-steel version) It's about 10 years old now...

I'm looking for a replacement crystal for it and am wondering that as it was originally supplied with Hardlex (which on a crystal that is domed so much, it's a recipe for disaster) is there an aftermarket replacement sapphire crystal available?

The thing that will make it tricky is that the silver spot in the middle of the face, that covers the centre of the dial, is actually in the crystal, it's not sitting on top of the hands.

Does anyone know if there's a sapphire alternative, or is it off to Seiko for an OEM replacement and a capacitor upgrade?
I can restore your original if you still have it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts