The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking of removing the raised Seiko logo on an old bracelet clasp. Has anyone done it before and would be able to advice on the appropriate way to go about it? Off the top of my hand, am thinking a Dremel might help.. please do share, even if it was done professionally.am actually more comfortable if this was to be done professionally (engine-turned?) as I do not trust myself in getting the clasp level 馃構

Premium Member
Ugh. that sounds like a huge amount of time on something that likely won't look good. My advice - just find a new clasp. You can find unbranded clasps at any of the on-line watch supply stores.

IDK - defacing an original Seiko clasp seems wrong. Just my opinion.

Premium Member
Weren't they all stamped? So if you remove it, you'll have "SEIKO" shaped holes in your clasp... ;)
yeah exactly. But .... that actually might look pretty cool if done correctly - a vented clasp. Hold your wrist in the sun for an hour with it on and get a Seiko sun tattoo. :grin:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for chiming in guys!

Weren't they all stamped? So if you remove it, you'll have "SEIKO" shaped holes in your clasp... ;)
That's true, but as per mwadner's comment, might help in this summer's endeavor of getting a seiko tan!

Probably best to get a generic clasp then...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts