The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there-- can anyone point me in the right direction to remove the stem from this SEIKO MEN'S AEROSPACE PILOT SLIDE RULE CHRONOGRAPH WATCH SND255P1. My 1st watch tinkering was on a miyota 8215 and it was relatively easy to remove with a little depress button! In this quartz movement, I am not find the same -- and not sure which right without forcing too much!

See pictures below.

Cheers
Mr T

Attachments

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well hello again...looks like a nice watch...well it looks like right on the left pic...there is a little hole right below the screw there is the release...take a look in that hole..otherwise it is the brown looking pin to the right of that ...it will take a little fiddling and you will find it...God Bless John...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Could it be a lever release-I have at lease tone of those. Could you depress the lever(?) in the cut out to the left of the stem in these pics?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well that is great info...i have never seen one like that..thank you again Tritto

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there again
I've tried the black hole below the screw (assuming crown is north) and also the brown looking pin.. neither seem to work-- do you mean in the hole which seems to have a slight plate covering it-- i can see the an arrow and push inscribed here.

Cheers
Mr T

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
removal of stem -- seiko slide rule chronograph

Hi again

I'm not noticing anything give--- tritto -- you can see this picture arrow and push--- do you mean here?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. What happens if you 'push'? Who could resist such an invitation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now for the watch bezel

Hi there--- got it--- yes it finally worked although wasn't an obvious place under the plate but it worked nevertheless :)

As you can see I've now put a new crystal and bezel on. The bezel is very stiff and doesn't seem to turn-- I didn't see any small bezel spring or ring when I took the old one off :-( so not sure if I have lost that or not! Not sure how I can tell.

But at least looking good for a repair watch and i'm learning all the time :)

Mr T

Attachments

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well it look amazing...they can be a little tricky to get them out...and the bezel..it should turn...hey can we see the pics of the old one?...i can not remember what the back looks like?....does it have a wavy washer looking thing?...or does it have a ball under there?...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there
I couldn't see any wavy washer or ball. According to skg 7548 there's no mechanism, just relys on snug fit. Although he said shouldn't be tight though. So perhaps i need some silicon grease?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well excellent....those new seals can be a little dry and need a little something to get them back to original...excellent work....looks great

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i'm pleased as I wanted to refurbish a cheap watch that I got from eBay and try my hand at changing the crystal and the bezel and this exactly gave me the practice I needed.

I guess almost ready to think about another project-- although not sure what ! cheers

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
yeah i'm pleased as I wanted to refurbish a cheap watch that I got from eBay and try my hand at changing the crystal and the bezel and this exactly gave me the practice I needed.

I guess almost ready to think about another project-- although not sure what ! cheers
Oh dear it seems you have the bug:grin:
Nice job on the flightmaster BTW

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well you do great work....you have got the bug like the rest of us...

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
what are you thinking next?..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got a new seiko SKX007K2-- thinking of perhaps modifying that-- although quite keen now to buy separate the parts to assemble my own mechanical watch :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well please post some pics of the new watch too...and have a great Easter weekend too...God Bless John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts