The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Does anyone have experience with the C&C service department?

I recently purchased an Omega Speedmaster Mk40, ref 3520.50 from C&C. I've found that twice now it has prematurely advanced to the next month. While it came with a 1 yr warranty I can't find anything online about the quality of their service department. I am debating whether I should send it to an independent watchmaker, Omega or C&C since this watch has multiple complications.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, I meant for this to go in the non-Japanese watches sub. Please move it there. Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's a tough one, I would expect a flawless watch from them. Can you return it? For me, that would be the best option. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If they'll do it under warranty, send it in. IF you'll pay either way, send to independent. It make look complicated, but it's still part of the valjoux 775x family. While the calendar part is more complicated than your standard 7750, tech sheets are widely available for the entire family. Any competent watchmaker should have no problem with this,

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If they'll do it under warranty, send it in. IF you'll pay either way, send to independent. It make look complicated, but it's still part of the valjoux 775x family. While the calendar part is more complicated than your standard 7750, tech sheets are widely available for the entire family. Any competent watchmaker should have no problem with this,

Agreed. They are a bit tricky to set up under the dial but the hardest part imho is getting the little chrono hands off / on !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The question comes down to this: does C&C have both the talent and the patience to do this right?

I've posted this question on other forums. Out of all the responses (and I'm grateful to all who did so) I got one with actual C&C experience, and it was not good. I imagine their team is very busy authenticating and cleaning up watches, but can they do more than that in a competent manner? To complicate things I don't know the service history, and while it looks OK on the Timegrapher I should probably get that done. This pushes me towards an independent or Omega to get it all done together. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
C&C are watch people, so I would give them more credit than a lot of grey dealers or Touch of Modern for having some sense onthis. Also, they know we WIS will report on their service and should be careful to do a good job.
But if you are contemplating a full overhaul anyway, then just have it fixed by your watchmaker. Unless it requires some parts, that fix is likely included in the service cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts