The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have extended the Sports Diver collection a bit during the last months. These watches do not seem to be as popular in Japan as in the rest of the world so they are often available in good condition at prices below USD 100. I still think that these are among the best value Seiko watches during the last 15 years. Very well made with retro styling. Excellent cases and bracelets and the solid 7S36 movement.

These were the first three.

Number 4 was the silvery one. It has a slightly different, but still very nice, bracelet.

[img]

Number 5 is back to the round style with the razorblade type bracelet.

[img]

This is 9 out of the full set of 12 watches in the SBSS series. Some individual pics and more info is also available in Gabes post here [url=http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=194147]http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=194147[/url]. all twelve watches can be found in the photo archive.

[img]

- martin

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
A superb collection Martin, i really like the look of those models, new but with the vintage appeal !! you would think Seiko would reissue more of the "old" models. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nice collection, Martin, although I think I still like the originals better. Are you also after the brown sushiroll (7S36-006A)? I believe Gabe has one, and I'd like to see that one in person. They seem scarcer than the others (or maybe I just haven't seen as many for sale...)

Paul

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know how fond Gabe is of his brown sushi roll so I will not be able to get my hands on that one. I think the most rare one is the yellow dial SBSS023 which I have yet to see anywhere. I do not mind the originals either but finding those in NOS condition is more or less impossble so the option would be to restore them which is not an option for me.

/ martin

water70proof said:
Nice collection, Martin, although I think I still like the originals better. Are you also after the brown sushiroll (7S36-006A)? I believe Gabe has one, and I'd like to see that one in person. They seem scarcer than the others (or maybe I just haven't seen as many for sale...)

Paul

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice pickup Martin , well bought .
I was watching that one and wanted to bid but I have that design 6119 so couldn't justify it

....tho it would have looked good with my other reissues ::) .

best regards Scott.

·
Registered
187 Posts
water70proof said:
I was lucky to find this one in good condition. One day, maybe the green!

paul
Congratulations - that is a really nice looking "sushi roll". The dial color is striking, especially in person. I'm hoping to find the black dial blue accented Sports 5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts