The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some of you guys PM me with some suggestions as to where I should send my SKX-007 for repair? The sweep hand stops intermittently and it appears that when it does run continuously, it'll gain about 1.5 hours in 10 hours. Holy crap... :-[
I'd also like a brushed chapter ring, snowflake dial and handset installed at the same time.
So who out there could do it all at a reasonable cost?
The watch is only a few years old, so I can't believe the movement fix is all that tough. Water getting in the case has never been an issue.
I'm a baseball coach and switch the watch to my right wrist when on the field. I'm a lefty, so the watch is on my glove side. I catch a lot of pitchers. Could shocks cause it to behave like this?
Thanks in advance for any info you might have.
Dan B. (aka 7Pines)

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Sounds like the hairspring has looped itself or jumped the regulator pins. This is a common occurence with the 7s26B movement. In spite of what you may read, this is the reason you should not wear one of these watches when any kind of impact will reach the watch; baseball, golf, mountain biking, jack hammer work or boxing :(

Any watchmaker can sort the issue for you in a matter of seconds. The dial and hands may be a little more difficult.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PGP,
Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware that the 7s26 doesn't take kindly to bumps and shocks. I'll remember that after I get the repair squared away.
Regards,
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts