My shopping bag...

Click for Big Image

My newspaper...

Click for Big Image

My bubble-wrap bundle...

Click for Big Image

Looks like a watch!

Click for Big Image

It IS a watch! A 1965 Seikomatic Weekdater, model 6218-8971, with a 35 jewel movement running at 18,000 bph. I understand this is a really good movement, a brother to the 62xx Grand Seikos.

And what a great texture on the dial...

Click for Big Image

Crown side...

Click for Big Image

Other side... (Is there a name for the non-crown side of a watch??)

Click for Big Image

The case-back with the cool "King Dolphin". :)

Click for Big Image

Here is a movment shot from the seller:

I liked this new one so much I took off my recent purchase King Seiko 4402, which has bee keeping extremely accurate time, set this one and put it on.

I LOVE the dial texture!!

Click for Big Image

It also came with a non-Seiko (but period correct) "Bear" brand bracelet, of which I have no complaints. Classy and comfortable.

Click for Big Image

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That is a very classy looking watch. Funny yours just arrived to day because I just bought a 6206-8980 26 J Seikomatic Weekdater today! Mine does not look anywhere nice as yours because it is a restoration project for someday.

I really love the overall design if the Weekdater model. My favorite feature is the full day of the week presented above the 6 o'clock position. The dial on you watch is beautiful. Nice pick up.

Michael

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Beautiful watch ! Thanks for taking us through the whole unwrapping process, kind of like Christmas !! My favorite time of the year for sure !

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Thank all you gentlemen for your kind words. :051bye:

Ross, it has definitely been worn, it has many dings and scratches. :) But it is still in remarkable condition considering how old it is.

Thomas

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
VERY nice Thomas - your Vintage collection is proliferating nicely ;-)

A congratulation is in order, and since you have already progressed to the next stage obviously I don't think I need to warn you that these sweet pieces are addictive, do I?

;-)

Best
Hermann

1 - 14 of 14 Posts