The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all wise WIS.

I have a new Orange Monster. Its on the rotation today.
I cant believe Seiko went with this cheaper quality bracelet after the amazing one that is on the original Orange Monster. (and no...I don't want to spent the $$ on a new original bracelet but am seriously tempted)

So my question is.... How does one prevent a Stainless Steel Bracelet from rattling? It mainly seems to come from the clasp.

Thanks all. However sad it is, it is really killing my love of this watch.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Well don't lose heart yet. Maybe it could be shimmed some where.
I did mine on a watch where it was so loose and I pressed
a ..... " Spring Bar " slip over tube into it. It stopped the shaking and
made it more solid to use. I just opened it up bigger and did it.

·
Researcher
5,303 Posts
Tweak it - as longbike has already said, or duct tape. Some pics and more details would be useful.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its the bracelet rattling on the clasp. I will try the shim or the tape. My new genuine stargate bracelet has a bit of a rattle too. At least the pins collars are on the centre links on that bracelet. New monster has collars on outside links which makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That's actually a built in engineering tolerance. It's to allow for the continued proper operation of the bracelet after accumulating 10 years of wrist cheese (allowing for the non-WIS lowest common denominator).
Picture shamelessly lifted from the interweb.

Attachments

·
Researcher
5,303 Posts
That's actually a built in engineering tolerance. It's to allow for the continued proper operation of the bracelet after accumulating 10 years of wrist cheese (allowing for the non-WIS lowest common denominator).
That looks like a thirty year old deep fat fryer - barf

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yeh ,
that's what mine did and the Link Holders on it need to be with some tolerance also for as not to be to tight and have excessive wearing to them.
The holding clips are the problem and they cause it to be loose.
I had that problem but I did not have a ..........
" Bacterial Jungle like that one has ".:hee20hee20hee:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any kind of little rubber stick on button (or piece of a larger rubber disk) will help quiet the clasp. Check at the department store where they keep the non-skids for chair legs and little hangar-hooks. Worst case find something thin and cut it to fit.

Eric

·
The Joker
31,479 Posts
Wow! That looks like some alien life-form growing in there. :undecided:

Glad I wasn't eating anything when I saw that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm after some carefully applied electrical tape in some "rattly places" I think I have solved the issues....(I found the clasp on my new stargate bracelet was doing it too. (maybe I am just used to NATO silence :p)

·
The Joker
31,479 Posts
One advantage of being hard-of-hearing -- rattling bracelets can't be heard. :wavetowel2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts