The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my renewed interest in watches I've gone over my watch collection. Many of which have dead batteries. This S11 has given me a problem in that I have no idea how to change the battery. The papers included with the box are weird with many circle papers and instructions all in Japanese. If this battery is more involved than a straight battery change I'll have to let it go to someone who knows how to repair a broken Seiko S11 Think the world watch. Please help.:( IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
A wacky watch, never seen one of these before. Looks to me like a screw down case back same as most seikos, shouldn't be too difficult. Might want to protect the back with some plastic if you attempt to crank it off.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Pictures would help greatly!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I changed the battery on mine, and recall it being a standard job with no shorting/jumping necessary. I will say though that it was picky about it, and it took a couple times (opening, closing case) to get it running steady. this was made worse by it's "slow time" qualities (no second hand, minute moves slow) so I finally had to do the job, go away for 5-10 minutes and then see if I'd done it right.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting.

I changed the battery on mine, and recall it being a standard job with no shorting/jumping necessary. I will say though that it was picky about it, and it took a couple times (opening, closing case) to get it running steady. this was made worse by it's "slow time" qualities (no second hand, minute moves slow) so I finally had to do the job, go away for 5-10 minutes and then see if I'd done it right.
Where would the small pin in reference to the outer dial rim be for New York?:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts