The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Model Number: SCVF005
Also known as the Red Alpinist

After getting bit by the Seiko divers bug I got into vintages. My new fever is all because of Alpinist.

I got this beauty off of a forum buy. I am very satisfied with the built of the watch. Didn't come with the original bracelet though. Second hand sweeps very smoothly. Has lost 2 seconds over the last 16 hours I had it. All functions work great. Inner compass turns smoothly. Date and time adjust quickly. Screw down crown pops great.

It's a bit too small for my wrist so I got a wide leather cuff strap and it'll will soon arrive. Hopefully it will fix that problem because I really want this watch on my wrist.

Here are some pics.

Size comparison with my pre-skx175

Wrist shot.

Another with filter ;)

Me: "WRUW while drinking?"
Quotron: "If I do it right.... nothing."

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Always loved those Alpinists - the quality is so good and the dials are beautiful.

Reactions: AaronGaron

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Always loved those Alpinists - the quality is so good and the dials are beautiful.
That is very true. I would love to get them in a bigger case diameter though. Maybe 46mm+?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Beautiful watch! Always fancied to have one.

Congratulations!!

Vincent
Model Number: SCVF005
Also known as the Red Alpinist

After getting bit by the Seiko divers bug I got into vintages. My new fever is all because of Alpinist.

I got this beauty off of a forum buy. I am very satisfied with the built of the watch. Didn't come with the original bracelet though. Second hand sweeps very smoothly. Has lost 2 seconds over the last 16 hours I had it. All functions work great. Inner compass turns smoothly. Date and time adjust quickly. Screw down crown pops great.

It's a bit too small for my wrist so I got a wide leather cuff strap and it'll will soon arrive. Hopefully it will fix that problem because I really want this watch on my wrist.

Here are some pics.

Size comparison with my pre-skx175

Wrist shot.

Another with filter ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful watch! Always fancied to have one.

Congratulations!!

Vincent
Thanks mate. Now the hunt for the next generation alpinist and the cream dialed one begins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts