The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, I've been posting everything in the new members thread and I just found this one! Here is a rally diver I couldn't find a dial for, so I went mod on it. I'm actually kind of liking it... The case looked as if it had been thrown at a wall, I had to reshape the lugs with a file. Some kind of dial, painted dress watch hands, Jakes insert, random crown and an acrylic dome, all put on a vintage strap (which is 1mm too small, new one on order).

Oh yes, and I have another rally diver that I couldn't find a bezel for.. so instead I modded a 007 to look like it. The dial and hands in there are coming out of it to be replaced with cleaner ones, this one has turned out to be sort of a prototype.

And I might as pell put the SNZH in here too, I did a bunch of stuff to it. I was actually my first full custom, and I didn't want to go the FFF route.

And since I'm here this is the chrono I was talking about in the 7015 thread I started. It works now, and I rebrushed the case, did a cheap crystal for now, new lume, and repainted some of the index ring. That part was interesting.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice - really like what you did with the SNZH. Has a nice vintage look and a change of pace from the FFF mods.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice - really like what you did with the SNZH. Has a nice vintage look and a change of pace from the FFF mods.
Hey thanks I appreciate the compliment. On that one I'm going back to an oyster, the meshie just isn't cutting it. And I just broke down and ordered a lathe, so I'm going to revisit the bezel too. I used to wear it all the time on an Oyster, now I put the damn thing on take it right back off. Funny what a difference the bracelet makes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rally driver looks great. What year is it?

Beats me, it had an incorrect back on it when I got it. I think it was originally a 6106 diver actually, but I have no way to be sure. Thanks for the props on it, I really like the way it turned out too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts