The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I鈥檓 not Sure if there are many NBA Fans On here other than our US Buddies But I鈥檝e always been a Fan since the 80鈥檚 Playing Ice Hockey for many years myself as many of you know and being a huge NHL fan and still collecting Signed Shirts Even today.I Still Followed the NBA in those days being a huge fan.
The NBA legends I used to Admire like Magic Johnson,Michael Jordan,Kareem Abdul Jabbar,Even the Small Dunk Masters Spud Webb And Nate Robinson all were followed by me with Intrigue being masters of the game then Kobe hits the Spotlight following in their Footsteps which has led to another future Legend with Lebron James more recently(Is he the GOAT!!馃悙) personally I think MJ will always be the GOAT but Kobe Bryant was up there as well as Lebron,Jabbar and Magic.

So very Sad to See Kobe Bryant At 41yrs of age Lose his life today in a Helicopter Crash in Los Angeles And I just wanted to Show my Respect for an NBA Legend馃憦馃憦馃憦Sad News.

Attachments

Premium Member
OMG. how absolutely tragic. This stuff comes from out of nowhere ...

A reminder of how quickly events can turn against you.

Gonna take me a while to process this one. ****.

Special Member
R.I.P Kobe Bryant

I鈥檓 not Sure if there are many NBA Fans On here other than our US Buddies But I鈥檝e always been a Fan since the 80鈥檚 Playing Ice Hockey for many years myself as many of you know and being a huge NHL fan and still collecting Signed Shirts Even today.I Still Followed the NBA in those days being a huge fan.

The NBA legends I used to Admire like Magic Johnson,Michael Jordan,Kareem Abdul Jabbar,Even the Small Dunk Masters Spud Webb And Nate Robinson all were followed by me with Intrigue being masters of the game then Kobe hits the Spotlight following in their Footsteps which has led to another future Legend with Lebron James more recently(Is he the GOAT!!) personally I think MJ will always be the GOAT but Kobe Bryant was up there as well as Lebron,Jabbar and Magic.

So very Sad to See Kobe Bryant At 41yrs of age Lose his life today in a Helicopter Crash in Los Angeles And I just wanted to Show my Respect for an NBA LegendSad News.

Sad day, and even more tragic that his daughter was one of the other victims.
Jordan is the goat, but Kobe and LBJ right behind, not by much. As Jim Gray put it, those three are definitely in Mount Rushmore of basketball greats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special Member

Indeed Mike.

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #6
Not 100% clear yet on the 5 Victims here on UK news apart From Kobe馃槩馃檹
If one is His Daughter then this is even worse news.馃檲

Registered
Truly sad and horrible. Life is indeed a gift.

Registered
Aloha
This might give you more information.
News says he was flying about ....20 miles from his Gym called ....The Mamba
in Thousand Oaks , California.

He and his .... 13 year old Daughter were on board.

ports.yahoo.com/reports-kobe-bryant-killed-in-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas-194537553.html?fbclid=iwar3i6jwi-bb4r6qrapkodfgrldmrxbmt3dvae_3wxyw_b4gxwhkk8l1gqva

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/remembering-kobe-bryant-family-man-220318399.html

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/los-angeles-officials-say-nine-people-died-helicopter-crash-kobe-bryant-231129838.html

Registered

I am so with you Mike, the length of a human life truly is alarmingly short. Shorter for some than others of course. I am so sad for Kobe's wife and other daughters. It was said that Kobe and his 13 year old daughter were aboard the chopper. He had officiated a sporting event of hers the night before. Helicopter transport was a daily event for him, so normal and common to fly from one helo pad on top of a building to another was simply normal for someone of his fame and level of busyness and business. I send prayers and Angels to all immediate family and loved ones and trust God can bring some good from this terrible tragedy.

Registered
I"m a big fan of the nba , and i'm old enough to see MJ play , and i've seen Kobe coming to the league , and buiding is legacy . Also after is carreer, he was still one of the faces of the NBA, and a good human beeing . Vey sad day for the NBA , and all his fans .

Peter Out :(

Registered
So very sad. Lots of lives lost, for what? A 20mile flight, to maybe avoid traffic?
News said even police had grounded their own helicopters as it was too risky in the fog.

Condolences to all caught up in this tragedy.

Pictured: All 9 victims of helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant https://mol.im/a/7933565 via http://dailym.ai/android

Administrator
RIP another tragedy for all involved :(

Even though flying is considered one of the safest forms of transport apart from the lives of "ordinary" citizens lost a lot of celebrities and important people have lost there lives over the years in flying accidents for example Glenn Miller, Buddy Holly, Patsy Cline, Audie Murphy etc etc

Registered
Kobe 's death made me realize I hadn't really thought about it -that I could die anytime. Turns out I'm older than him by just a wee bit

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

Registered
The NBA legends I used to Admire like Magic Johnson,Michael Jordan,Kareem Abdul Jabbar,Even the Small Dunk Masters Spud Webb And Nate Robinson all were followed by me with Intrigue being masters of the game then Kobe hits the Spotlight following in their Footsteps which has led to another future Legend with Lebron James more recently(Is he the GOAT!!馃悙) personally I think MJ will always be the GOAT but Kobe Bryant was up there as well as Lebron,Jabbar and Magic.

So very Sad to See Kobe Bryant At 41yrs of age Lose his life today in a Helicopter Crash in Los Angeles And I just wanted to Show my Respect for an NBA Legend馃憦馃憦馃憦Sad News.
:(:(:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts