The Watch Site banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Special Member
9,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got in a new 6309-7040 today, case back 4D (December 1984). Need some help assessing what I have here.

The dial is clearly old and patina'd and at first glance looks good to me. Pulled it off, flipped it over, no date code. I found the dial code under massive magnification, the silver ink is gone but in black on black you can read 6309-704MT.

Not sure what to think

What do the experts think about this dial?
OEM or Aftermarket?

Thanks in advance !
Clock Material property Font Auto part Circle
Eye Circle Button Metal Currency

·
Special Member
1,979 Posts
The spacing between the the R at the end of WATER and 150 and the R at the beginning of RESIST looks a little off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
9,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: Having found the dial text and the tab at 2 o'clock being broken off, I am very much leaning it is original. When I first posted I thought there was no dial text at all.

Still not sure about the dial back side but I am always ready to be educated. Thanks Tristan for your observations.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Think the patina looks great 👍 If you’re up for it, I could use some advice pertaining to acquiring 6306 divers. I recently completed 6306-806A and a 7548 and would love to pick up a 3rd diver for restoration next. Are you finding it difficult to come by authentic examples in need of restoration? I’m seeing mostly overhauled examples on Yahoo Auctions for+ $600. How would you go about finding one for restoration and whats a good price ceiling? Any advice would be much appropriate 🙏🙏🙏

1 - 16 of 16 Posts