The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondered about travelling cross border US/Canada and bringing our watch collections.

I'd like to know if anybody has experience with bringing their collections and if paperwork is needed and such.

Do the watches need to be register, w/serials for proof of entering and returning into countries?

I've often wondered this if necessary in case customs decides to ask for proof of ownership or they may think items are bought and must
be declared and charged duties/taxes.

I'd like to just cover all bases in case I ever cross borders for travel, or a GTG watch meet/convention out of country. Also, likewise for US entering Canada as well.

We have an upcoming meet here in Canada and US members may be attending. So this may be helpful to them.

I would like to also attend a GTG meet in US someday as well, and its nice to be prepared.

Any advice or first hand experience would be much appreciated for all those who may wish to travel out of country in the future.

I know I must fill out papers at customs when traveling with my camera gear, so I'm not taxed upon my return.

So would any paper work be necessary or nothing to worry about?

thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If your concerned you can declare them before you go just contact Customs however you should not have any issues unless you were bringing in a large number of watches that looked brand spanking new. The only exception is Rolex. If you are bringing one across borders into the U.S you could have problems. Bring the paperwork in that case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts