The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired, I know the hands are pretty new and the insert is aftermarket. The dial seems original but is lacking the "Made in Japan" or "Japan" and "7548-7000" at the bottom at 6.

What do you make of this? :(

Can't post any pic links since my post count is less than 5? Well..a picture would have helped..

·
2,237 Posts
Depending which model it is, it will either say 'JAPAN 7548' '-700L T' .....or '-701L T'

As far as my records show......700 is blue dial, 701 is black dial.

·
2,237 Posts
Looks correct to me. I guess the lower text has faded, or been worn away by some means probably, it can happen.

·
Registered
25,998 Posts
Take a Loupe and look very close from different angles and see if there are any, ANY remnants of the dial code at ALL.

·
2,237 Posts
I need to correct myself (not an uncommon occurrence!). Just checked through all my photos again.

700 refers to SQ dials, 701 to JDM ........the colour is not the decider.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks,

not seeing any remains through the loupe. Come to think of it shouldn't there be a sign at 3 as well?

·
2,237 Posts
There should be a small suwa symbol at 3 yes......didn't spot that omission as I was to busy looking at the 6 position.

Not a very good picture to refer to, but I still think it looks genuine though. For some reason those bits are missing. Who knows!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a thanks for your input!

I'm satisfied with the watch my second Seiko quartz after the sale of the SBBN007..

Need to find a scuffed up piece to TST. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE!

Popped the back open just to be greeted with a Seiko Quartz 4 Jewels. Yes, 4, not 5. So this seems to be from another watch then? A 7546?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts