The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased online a new Seiko Divers black dial Automatic 200m 21 Jewels Small-Size SKX013K2. It only took 4 days to get from Singapore to NJ and that’s because Fed X doesn’t ship on Sunday :) .

Overall I am very happy with this watch. It is as thick as the big diver’s just the diameter is around 35mm which looks and fits better on my smaller wrist. I also like the Jubilee band. In checking with the production date calculator (serial number 9N0043) this watch was made in November 1999.

Is this correct or is the date November 2009 ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ric
Hamilton Square near Trenton, NJ

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hi and welcome.
The SKX013 is a fine divers watch and I believe it uses the 7S26 automatic movement. The 7S26 has been in production for more than 10 years now and the production date calculator gives you the earliest possible date for your watch, but I believe the correct date is November 2009. That's actually good news in your case, because the gaskets are new and the actual water resistance of your diver watch is at least the one stated on the dial. Old diver watches are not guaranteed to have the water resistance stated on their dial.
Enjoy your fine Seiko diver!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts