The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 dials. which dial is the rarest of the 7548, the one that says water resist or the one that has SQ. Please advise as I have both and am possibly going to do something with one of them but dont want to mess up the more valuable one.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
211 Posts
The SQ dials were on the model that was marketed in the US while the Resist dial shows up on the Japanese market model. That doesn't mean that the SQ and Resist dials were only marketed to those two countries though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool,,,thanks for the info... i can assume then that they are equally of the same "value" and one is not wanted.desired more that the other...yes?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the Resist dial version is a bit more desired by some because it has the Kanji day wheel as it was for the Japanese market. Also, in the US or from US sellers it seems to be easier to find a watch with the SQ dial (given it was the US model), so it might take you a while longer to find a Resist dial unless you're working with overseas sellers. But I don't notice a big price difference between the two dial models so I don't think those are major factors affecting desirability.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
cnycoburn said:
I have 2 dials. which dial is the rarest of the 7548, the one that says water resist or the one that has SQ. Please advise as I have both and am possibly going to do something with one of them but dont want to mess up the more valuable one.

thanks in advance

Personally, I would leave both of them alone and experiment with an aftermarket reproduction. What is it you're planning to do?

[/font]

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Selym said:
my brother and i are working together to mod watches for a matching set his/hers.... we are looking into having lumed numbers on the dials, putting the word quartz on it and a couple of other minor "improvements".

Personally, I would leave both of them alone and experiment with an aftermarket reproduction. What is it you're planning to do?

[/font]

Best,
Myles
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
cnycoburn said:
my brother and i are working together to mod watches for a matching set his/hers.... we are looking into having lumed numbers on the dials, putting the word quartz on it and a couple of other minor "improvements".
I would go aftermarket. This way, you can always swap back to the original dials should the mood strike you!

I can't wait to see your custom dials!

Best of luck,
Myles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts