The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a vintage seiko 5 7009 automatic that's running slow. I only bought it on the bay because the original carnation pink dial was in great condition. Can anyone confirm whether I can switch the dial with my snk809? It seems like it should fit I just can't tell if the day/date window is in the same place.

TIA

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Well hello and welcome to the forum..glad to have you with us...well i am not sure if the dials are interchangeable...i think the size is the same but the feet might not be..there is a way to have new feet made...the snk809 has the 7s26c movement..do you have the new dial already?...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean about having the new dial already?

I have both watches, just not the tools or the stomach to take them apart yet. I'll take it to a local watch maker, I just didn't want to waste the time if someone knew it wasn't the same fit.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Yes most 7009 dial's will fit onto a 7s26 movement without having to cut off the dial feet.
However both movements must have the same crown position in order for the day/date to align in the window of the dial.
I.E both movements the crown positioned at 3 or 3.45.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
pics and model of watch will really help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts