·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Hi,

Haven't given it a lot of thought as yet.. For the basic Orients probably just service by my local watchmaker.. Have sent Orient Star to Orient Japan for service under warranty and they were very good to deal with.. Would recommend that you get someone to translate into Japanese what you want done and email them at Orient Japan before you send for instructions on where to send the watch..

Cheers

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
My dealings with Orient Japan have been nothing but disaster, unlike Yserv for Seiko which have been superb.
I own many Orients as well.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealings with Orient Japan have been nothing but disaster
REally? HOw so?

Luckily my wife is Japanese, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. I wanted to check with others though..

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
The latest example was with an M-Force.

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japa...825-please-help-me-find-collar-my-orient.html

Before that it was with an Issue I had with an Orient Mako XL, it wouldn't screw in and I asked them If they can do anything as it was still in warranty.
They said no, without even looking at or asking for a copy of the warranty because I was 'too far away'. They said to try finding someone in Germany to fix it...

It's a shame because they are quality watches and I love the brand.
But as far as servicing and support... Forget about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts