The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, boys!

I have a question regarding the screws that serve the purpose of attaching the shroud to the watch case on the 300m tunas.

I don't have the original 7549-7010 300m tuna from the 70's.

But I have (a few) SBBN007 300m.

Recently, I purchased a few parts and got a package with screws for the 7549-7010.

So my question is: do both the 7549-7010 and the SBBN007 share the same screws for their shrouds? The screws type is the phillips one.

If this can be of help, the parts number on my OEM Seiko package for these screws read 8150 0887.

Thanks a lot for any input, guys.

Cheers,
CHRIS

·
Administrator
29,142 Posts
For sure I don't know as at this moment in time i "only" have my 7549-7010 but i often see Swiss2Seiko selling the reworked screws on the TF and he states that they are for the 7010 and the 007 so i bow to his greater knowledge and assume they are interchangable.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, now that you mentioned it makes perfect sense. I have seen Swiss2Seiko screws FS adds, and indeed they are a fit to both 300m versions.

Still, would like to hear from people who went for the OEM screws and what's their experience.....are the OEM screws a fit for both verisons - 7549-7010 and SBBN007?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Chris I asked this question a while back and was told that they are a straight swap.
It may have been Harold (YOBOKIES) who had the answer as he sells them, but I honestly don't remember.
I suggest you contact him anyway, I'm sure he'll know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Aurelius!

By the way, bro, do you still sell those philips screws that you installed on your own Sawtooth? Please, post a pic of that watch with the philips in place, again.... :great:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I do believe they are a straight swap. I have actually played around with the screws of the 2 300m tunas and no problems with the swap.

Just FYI, the screws and shrouds of the gold tunas 7549 (600m) and 7C46 (1000m) models are also a straight swap.
As you can see below, the tuna on the left is sporting the stripped down shroud of a 7549 600m tuna.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll also say "yes", since I have an extra SS 300m screw in my 600M Golden shroud and it was a perfect fit.

Andy's screws are also correct because his Torx fit my 300m 7010 perfectly, and his photos show the same screws in the 007 300m as well.

Pretty sure the threads and depth are all very close or identical. The difference will be in shroud thickness and how much of the head protrudes outside. I'm not certain if the screws are different lengths between the newer Tuna models, but they are the same between my two 80's vintage 7549 300m and 600m Tunas.

HTH,

Mike

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Badern, thank you so much for chiming in, brother. Thanks to your past posts on the old SCWF, I already knew the swappability of shrouds and screws between the golden tunas - 600m and 1000m. But I didn't know about interchangeability between the 300m models, vintage and new.

Speedbird, thank you also for chiming in, man! We learn something everyday, and today my lesson was adapting a 300m screw on a 600m shroud. Just in case, it's always good to know.

Aurelius, thank you for the sawtooth pics, bro! Tell me, please: where did you find these phillips screws that are a fit to the sawtooth shroud? They changed the look of the watch completely - for the better, may I add.

Thanks for the replies, gents!

Regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I got he screw/bolts at a local nuts and bolts supplier called Facca Fastners.
They are M2.5 x 4.5 marine grade SS and I got a dozen for a few dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts