The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As part if Premium membership you get....

Access to Premium Forums
Get exclusive access to experts, forums, and discussions

What is this? What am I missing? Are there Seiko related chit chat that I'm missing out on?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Shhhhh, it's a sneaky beaky forum, on a need to know basis, and we don't need to know!
Mushroom syndrome, kept in the dark and fed with bullshizzle.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Shhhhh, it's a sneaky beaky forum, on a need to know basis, and we don't need to know!
Mushroom syndrome, kept in the dark and fed with bullshizzle.
If it's anything like the Bear Pit on TZ-UK, you REALLY don't want to go there. :p

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I have premium membership as it was given to me, what the benefits are I have no idea to be honest at present unless its the fact there is a lounge where members can talk but not the non premium members.
Got to be more to it than that John, we can talk as plebs can't we? BTW: Just in case I am coming across negatively just of late: I love you all.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
what has happened to this site?....
am i the only one brave enough to say this?
traffic is way down and i see so little posts too
Neilo is not even posting on here every day as he has done for so very long
and now they want us to pay for Premium Membership?...
do they honestly think anyone would?
do they think we are brain dead with everything going on in the world?
i think these owners care nothing for that this forum once was and see it as a cash cow
very sad as it was my very first watch forum and many great friendship came from here
looks like another nail in the coffin
God Bless,John

·
Administrator
29,228 Posts
You don't have to be brave to say what you think, freedom of speech and all that.

Neil dident like the new software so he stormed off, change happens, thats life and at the moment, there are many major changes going on in the world (virus) due to necessity whether we like it or not so minor/major changes to a watch forum don't rank high to me at the moment.

I havent seen anywhere saying we must sign up/pay for premier membership so if I have missed that please point me to it.

I imagine the owners do want to see some money out of the forum and any businesses they run as most people would, you once said you run four businesses do they run for free or to make money. The previous owner of the SCWF once told me how much it cost a year for him to run and it wasent cheap.

Having said all the above I may be biased because of the monthly check they send to us mods, every little helps as Tesco says (UK members)

and may which ever God we look to bless us.

what has happened to this site?....
am i the only one brave enough to say this?
traffic is way down and i see so little posts too
Neilo is not even posting on here every day as he has done for so very long
and now they want us to pay for Premium Membership?...
do they honestly think anyone would?
do they think we are brain dead with everything going on in the world?
i think these owners care nothing for that this forum once was and see it as a cash cow
very sad as it was my very first watch forum and many great friendship came from here
looks like another nail in the coffin
God Bless,John
:)

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
I havent posted in a while because i am classed as a key worker, and am currently working 12 to 15 hours a day. If i can i'll pop in for a quick look here before trundling off to bed.
WIS stuff is pretty low on my priorities right now and i would think its much the same for many members.
Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum but not to this change. I'm a moderator at a Ducati motorcycle forum that went through this change in mid November and while there is a learning curve, and we also lost a few valued members over the change, it's really not that big of a deal five plus months later. We also have a premium member area but other than some tasty pics on occasion 👌, it's pretty dead.

Vertical Scope has been very responsive to our needs and suggestions, too. They mean well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum but not to this change. I'm a moderator at a Ducati motorcycle forum that went through this change in mid January and while there is a learning curve, and we also lost a few valued members over the change, it's really not that big of a deal two plus months later. We also have a premium member area but other than some tasty pics on occasion 👌, it's pretty dead.

Vertical Scope has been very responsive to our needs and suggestions, too. They mean well.
Vertical scope was who Eddie (TZ-UK) was selling his forum to.

Their new ideas upset the members so much that Eddie regained control of his forum and was much respected for it.

Once companies take over forums they want profit and it always leads to mostly unwanted changes.

This place for example, is just a hollow shell of what it once was.

·
"The Prospector"
4,487 Posts
I've been using this forum on and off since 2012, Okay, when i first logged on to the new format, i thought WTF ! I persevered however, and have been able to navigate my way around, I agree that the 'foot fall' and posting has dropped off a cliff of late, i also accept it is what it is, fortunately i'm not expected to pay for it..... As yet. Just saying

1 - 20 of 42 Posts