The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends!

I have a Citizen Watch that I am repairing (E101-S044286). The Bezel popped off and I am having difficulty placing it back in. There is a gasket that goes in between the Bezel and the case. I tried using a case press but I have not been successful. Could you please advise how to proceed? Many thanks friends!

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Hi there. Picture might clarify, but if it is a plastic gasket, those typically are designed for one use only, meaning you'd need to replace it for best results. Take a look at the new one for any beveled edges inside or out that might help determine which surface the gasket is placed upon for installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a plastic gasket and I did purchase a new one. It is bevelled slightly and I did take that into account. I just can't seem to get it to fit. I already tried once and I had to order another. I can't send a picture because this forum is preventing me from sending a photo or link.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It helps if you apply a thin film of silicon grease on the gasket and make sure the bezel presses in perfectly horizontal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts