The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
the mailman just delivered a flock of Seagulls - uh, SeikoQuartzes to my door...

5Y23-8B60: Screw-down crown and rated at 150m. Brown leather band with "Seiko" buckle.

7M45-6A10: "Perpetuum Nobile" no. 155. Limited to ? Seller said 2000, ebay listing from 2011 claims 700.

Has a nice behind, too:

9983-803H: Twin Quartz with +/- 5s per year (specified)! 14kt gold bezel.

9923-5000: Twin Quartz, specified with +/-20s per year. The bracelet ist just sooo nice on this one.

...Oh, and a 6309-8900 automatic. Can't imagine how that one got in there. But it matches the high-end quartz beside it, doesn't it?

The seller of these (well except the automatic) inherited them from a family member and did not want them (can't imagine why). The family member must have been a collector, as most of these are quite minty. Only the 9983 ist worn down, maybe it was his favorite. I imagine the bezel must have looked once like this:

Incidently, I also got this watch from the same seller. The others were listed later, or I would have gotten them all together...

A short while ago, I did not like quartz watches. But I had to save these, didn't I? The finish is just brilliant. Of course, you'd expect that from a >100.000 yen watch...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Like others I really like the AGS model and your other AGS model is also really nice.

The two twin quartz models look great. The dial markers on the 9983 are really well done and the bracelet on the 9923 looks very similar to the one on my 9943-5020 which is very comfortable.

All the bracelets look to be a good length which is often difficult to get. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I recently have been grabbing up many of those little Sports 100 Quartz models. They are like junior divers with their screw down crowns and rotating bezels but they are much lighter and always quartz powered. I have several already.

Michael

·
Registered
269 Posts
You gate some nice pieces there! I used to be a bit of a snob when it came to owning quartz pieces. I now own 2 quartz pieces and 1 automatic lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts