The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm seeing lots of examles of the VK63 movement in the Seiko SSB range but haven't yet seen any models with the VK67 movement. Anyone seen any models with this movement??

J

·
Registered
844 Posts
moonraker said:
Nice chronograph but wondering, as the chrono element is mechanical, how accurate is it?
Although the reset is "mechanical", the chorongraph is quartz driven (not mainspring/mechanical)...so you should expect quartz accuracy. Ultimately all "manual" chronographs are limited in "accuracy" by biological ability to see, interpret and respond to a timing cue. Regards, B

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think this is one of the watches you are referring to:

Got it for a whopping $86 at Kohls. It has the mechanical chrono but quartz movement. I like it a lot but it's not a night watch as it has no lumes. It has the 7T63 movement in it according to the back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice watch. I've got the same one with a leather strap. That is the VK63 mechanism, what i haven't seen is the VK67 version. A quick search on google only showed up a company that sells corporate gifts offering awatch with this mechanism but with a minimum order of 12 !!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
moonraker said:
Nice watch. I've got the same one with a leather strap. That is the VK63 mechanism, what i haven't seen is the VK67 version. A quick search on google only showed up a company that sells corporate gifts offering awatch with this mechanism but with a minimum order of 12 !!
Gifts for your WIS friends! :))

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
been wearing this one quite a lot. Not sure which movement its based on (its a 7T based on a newer VK?), but it has the flyback to 0 and the sweep chrono hand.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A quick update on the VK series. From what i can see, Seiko are using the VK73 in Wired only, No sign of any VK61's or 64's. The VK63 is in Wired, Seiko and Pulsar, VK67 in Wired only and Finally as per last post VK 83 in Pulsar and Alba.

J

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
:c029:

this sort of custom work flabbers my gast, even though I'm pretty much into Diver's minimalism I can definitely appreciate this kind of thing, the black version is fully cool !!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
That is what your Asian friends are for!

The cheapest 7T63s I have seen so far from Seiko costs around $70. Albas (Pulsar) with VK-marked movements is even cheaper that that!

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Time said:
been wearing this one quite a lot. Not sure which movement its based on (its a 7T based on a newer VK?), but it has the flyback to 0 and the sweep chrono hand.

[/quote]

Time, what model is this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not sure if J springs have started using the VK63 on their chronos, noticed a couple on e bay that look like they are. Can anyone confirm?

Jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
Better looking than the Citizen 2100 which has smooth sweeping second hand and cam driven "flyback" chrono hands and has been around for a half dozen years.
I understand Citizen is dropping this model. Concept didn't sell well along with dated busy 9 hand dial. Let's hope that Seiko's kick at this cat works out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I noticed Pulsar are using the VK83 movement in some UK models now. Apart from the VK63 used in The Seiko SSB chrono range all the flyback Chrono movements seem to be used on sub brands ie, Alba, Wired & Pulsar. I wonder why that is? Any thoughts?

J

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what is the case diameter of the pictured versions in the post that started the thread, please? Thanks. :great:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Hi all,

The same flyback chrono movement is also in the Seiko 6T63 series of watches..
Picked this one up second hand, but by the looks of it I suspect it has never been worn..

This particular watch is powered by the Seiko 6T63 calibre quartz movement which from what I understand is a 'mechaquartz'.. The stop watch function apparently has a separate drive system.. See http://www.mcbroom.biz/PMWF/Pulsar-World-Rally-chrono-updates.htm

So what that means from my perspective is that the stop watch sweep second hand is 5 beats per second.. just like a mechanical.. :small tu:

The subdials from left to right are stopwatch elapsed minutes, normal seconds, 24 hour.

6T63 SPECIFICATIONS

1 Frequency of crystal oscillator... 32,768 Hz (Hz = Hertz … Cycles per second)
2 Loss/gain (monthly rate)... ±20 seconds at normal temperature range (between 5° C
and 35° C) (between 41° F and 95° F)
3 Operational temperature range... Between –5° C and +50° C (between 23° F and 122° F)
4 Driving system... Step motor, 2 pieces
5 Display system
Time/calendar... 24-hour, hour, minute and small second hands
Date is displayed in numerals
Stopwatch... Stopwatch minute and 1/5-second hands
Measures up to 60 minutes
6 Battery... SEIKO SR936SW, 1 piece
7 IC (Integrated Circuit)... C-MOS-IC, 1 piece

Cheers

21 - 40 of 46 Posts