The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am interested to know - when buyers on this forum wish to make a purchase from Japan (such as yahoo auctions, etc), what are the usual methods they undertake?

I have so far read a little bit about buyee.com - seems they have a 10% commission plus consolidation fees. Are there any other avenues that I should be aware of however?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I haven't tried Buyee, but when I got started I did a little research and wound up with FromJapan.co.jp. I believe their fees lower - especially if your bank isn't abusive with exchange rates (cheaper to wire transfer than PayPal).

It took a little bit to get used to the mechanism but now it's pretty painless, and I've never had a problem with shipping, shill bidding, or anything else.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
I've won an auction on YJ two weeks ago using buyee. The item cost YEN 15.500 plus Buyee Service Fee of YEN 1,550 (10%) plus Payment Fee of YEN 200 plus Domestic (Japan) Shipping Fee of YEN 650 plus International Shipping Fee of YEN 2,200 (including consumption tax IIRC) so at the end of the day I paid about YEN 20.000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.

Have purchased on buyers' behalves a few times in the past - was wondering how everyone else does it.

Will have a look over those sites - much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts