The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored with the black bezel and faces of my diver watches (I wear the Pepsi ones for a bit of colour), I've branched out a and bought this
Photo is from seller.
Really like the blue dial and that it is lumed as well, description says it only runs for a minute, but we shall see. Anybody spot anything wrong with it? I've not a clue, and bought it on impulse.
On a completely different note, I think the great weather we're having in the UK has made me want a brighter looking watch. Some great threads at the moment as well, thanks for keeping me entertained at work :).
Regards, David

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Seiko really do blue dials well, and the orange second hand really helps too!

·
Registered
210 Posts
In full agreement of the boredom of looking at black faces and bezels, been looking at the same style for nearly 30 years.
I've now gone orange with the new 2nd generation monster. I'm now into a bit of colour with my dive watches...

:10:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In full agreement of the boredom of looking at black faces and bezels, been looking at the same style for nearly 30 years.
I've now gone orange with the new 2nd generation monster. I'm now into a bit of colour with my dive watches...

:10:
Orange is my new favourite face colour, but the old ones are well out my price range at the moment, and just rare. (sorry, I meant scarce). Also sad the better half always says "That one's the same as the other ones you have", which as we know isn't true. So this is to throw her off, and at under £30 all in, a bargain I think. As it's a 6106, I'll pretend it's a 6105, as I believe the movements are related :).
Regards, David

·
Registered
526 Posts
That one looks prisrine, hopefully mine will turn out close to looking like yours. What lug size does the watch have, if you don't mind me asking, going to need a strap at least.
Regards, David
David yours look pristine (and original) too,maybe some polywatch on the plexy crystal and ready to go!

Lugwidth is a standard 18mm so plenty of strap options here ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
David yours look pristine (and original) too,maybe some polywatch on the plexy crystal and ready to go!

Lugwidth is a standard 18mm so plenty of strap options here ;)
18mm, thank you! I've been looking at vintage straps, and they are always small sizes (obviously), so now I'm happy I can get one. I'll have to see prisrine when it arrives, but I'll post a pic or two once it arrives.
Regards, David

·
Registered
931 Posts
This was looking pretty scruffy when I picked it up at the swap meet for $20..
But a little TLC , Service , crystal , and bracelet turned the frog into a Prince.
I do like the lume on the other examples.

1.JPG

2.JPG

·
Registered
931 Posts
Seiko Crystal #....

This is the crystal I installed . After looking at my pic and checking the Seiko crystal codes , it seems that I Installed the Silver tension ring but the original had a gold tension ring....Oh well , live and learn.. :rolleyes:

DSC00002.JPG

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Orange is my new favourite face colour, but the old ones are well out my price range at the moment, and just rare. (sorry, I meant scarce). Also sad the better half always says "That one's the same as the other ones you have", which as we know isn't true. So this is to throw her off, and at under £30 all in, a bargain I think. As it's a 6106, I'll pretend it's a 6105, as I believe the movements are related :).
Regards, David
Agree orange is nice change. Just got original OM myself.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here's some pics, hope they aren't too bad.

This watch hacks, is this normal? Not had chance to pop her open yet. Just have, and it's a 6106C movement, clean as a whistle. For the size, it's a weighty beast, quite surprised and impressed. The caseback gasket is as dry as can be, so in the market for one. Can't wait to get a strap, not sure what, I'm bored of rubber, but so readily available, not happy about a NATO.
Regards, David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts