The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my hands on a 6105. It has been a long wait, believe me! Anyway I received a wjeans waffle a few weeks back, but I am so in-between holes. Has anyone punched a new hole in one of these straps? Just wondering if it will leave enough rubber to not rip to the next hole.

Also the lume color seems to be off but not sure if has been re-lumed. I have only held one in real life and it is this one, so I don't have anything to go off of.

Her she is!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I suggest burgers and beer to get you up to the next hole instead. It'll take a while but better than marring a nice strap. :)
That or shave the thatch and go down a hole

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
well that is a beautiful watch..pics of where you need to put a hole would help...how much material is between them?...it might be better to leave it a bit loose rather than ruining a new band...i know it is not the answer you probably need...John

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I don't think you'll have much luck making a hole in between. The hole will have to be made through a thick section of the strap (the existing holes are in the scalloped-out sections). The buckle tang probably won't align properly with a hole made through a thick section. I hope this makes sense.

I'm in between sizes, too. I have contemplated adding an additional keeper to help take up the slack.

Best wishes,
Myles

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
Ive done it with a wooden handled doweling spike just smaller than the hole size needed, Mark where you want the hole exactly with a pin prick & then heat up the spike on the gas hob till its red hot & then voila, carefully clean off the edge of the hole & good to go, That way no chance of a split!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts