The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, new to joining this site but been long time lurker. Seems like you folks know a lot more about Japan watches, more so than the other forums I visit…sharing my first original post:

I don’t see many Pulsar on here, not a lot of love for them?

Here is latest acquisition, a Pulsar Y513 6019. Overall looks to be in great shape. Serial starts with 8D,maybe 1988 Dec? I don’t know how Pulsar serials work, anyone know?

Looks very similar to my 7548, in construction and appearance. And the dial has the sword as my 6309…strong family resemblance don’t you think?

It didn't come with strap but I think got it for a good price. I put my vintage Isofrane on it and also a Helson tropic…which you think looks best?

The bezel moves well. Movement looks clean…reminds me of 7548 movement. I just replaced battery, added little sealing silicone and seems to be ticking away accurately.

It's a cool looking watch I think. Reminds me of a mini tuna (not baby) :) mixed with 7548 DNA. I don’t really know much about these models, and really could not find much on the net.

Size is 41mm without crown, has screw down crown, quick set day/date like 7548, lugs are 20mm (would need straight lug ends for a bracelet), thickness is about 12.5mm.

BTW: Thanks to Tom for helping me with some feedback on this model!

Attachments

·
Researcher
5,031 Posts
Pretty sure the Y513 is just a re-badged 7548 movement and the parts are interchangeable. Nice looking watch - Love the chunky bezel.

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
Ahh, another Poor man's Tuna..........:)

Great watch! One of my favorites!

I've since installed a Wjean oyster bracelet which seems to fit the watch much better. They're aren't too many of these around from what I can gather.

Definitely a Keeper!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I am thinking of getting the wjean bracelet. Have any recent pictures? Your post inspired me to get mine so I want the same look :)

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
very cool looking watch

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Ahh, another Poor man's Tuna..........:)

Great watch! One of my favorites!

I've since installed a Wjean oyster bracelet which seems to fit the watch much better. They're aren't too many of these around from what I can gather.

Definitely a Keeper!

Looks like some NATO strap burn on the caseback adding to the wabi :72:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The movement is more like 7546 if I recall but it is super robust movement imo. Great looking watch also. Congrats
7546 was 2 jewels dress watch movement.

7548 was 5 jewel with a battery keeper strap.

A couple of 7546.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. Wore it all day and really liking it. Ended up on helson tropic strap.

Yes got it on the bay. Where you also bidding?

BTW, anyone know how to date it based on serial?

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
Looks like some NATO strap burn on the caseback adding to the wabi :72:
No NATO on this one. That's probably storage wear from 2 cross country moves and owning it since 82' or 83' when I was still wet behind the ears.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
7546 is 4 jewels...Or I am losing it ;)

I think you might be right. For some reason I did a quick Google search before posting since I wasn't about to compromise the WR of a serviced watch to check.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
love that watch..who knew i liked pulsar

Reactions: mario24601

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
i just picked up a Y513 movement...that is a great looking watch

1 - 20 of 30 Posts