The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one came about because I bought a cheap Pulsar Y513-6009 off Ebay a couple of months ago for the movement as they are based on the 7548/6309 and I wanted to shove it in a Seiko case of some sort. Depending on whatever as I had nothing particular in mind at the time.

Anyway the watch duly arrived and the movement was wrecked by the leaking battery, coil, circuit board, gear train the works. Contacted the seller and got my money back but he would not give his return address so I could not send it back and instead it got confined to the spares department.

Its not a bad looking watch, a little small but wearable, I was bored. What to do?, I done all the chores, gardening, washed the car, done the shopping etc. FA on TV. Ah I know I will play with the Pulsar!

Scrummaging around in the movement drawers provided the parts for a good 6309 caliber, well almost, the balance is from a 6119 but they are compatible. After a full service it keeps time with no fiddling required. Lucky?

The case and bracelet were not in bad condition and only required a little polishing and brushing, then in with a new crystal from Cousins (£1-50) and reassemble.

Wore it to work today and its quite nice, very comfortable.

Not bad for a freebie, I like the little detail of the day/date window being beveled.

I have a 7009 dress watch to look at tonight, not really my bag but it caught my eye and was cheap so keep them peeled for an update.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Nice one Mike. Good work

Like the Pulsar case with the cut out for the crown and the clean clear dial.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
That's really nice!, I've not seen that model before. I really like the big crown with it's big cut guards. Excellent work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes I really like the crown guard. Makes me wish seiko had done a diver along those case lines...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts