The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of lately, I wondered if my wife would like a diver, and I have been showing her some models. I got her a Baby G for Mother's Day, since she didn't have a truly sports watch, and she really liked it. With that, I think she warmed up to more sportier watches, so a diver would be a good option now. The big problem with divers for women is that they have to be small, so options are fairly limited. One that has the looks and a good size is the Citizen Promaster PMA56-2822:

According to the auction on eBay, it has a 31 mm case. And best of all, is EcoDrive and has a Ti case with DLC coating. Does anyone know if it's really DLC? If it is it would be just perfect!

But then gears started to turn in my head :-[ . My wedding anniversary is in November, and wouldn't it be cool if I got some sort of "matching gifts" for me and my better half? Citizen also has the PMX56-2812:

Case with 47 mm and also in Ti, but I haven't found anywhere if it also has DLC coating. Lately I'm in a serious auto phase, so this EcoDrive would not be a diver that I would consider to get right now. However, it does look (very) good and would make a pair with the one for my wife. Could anyone that have one of these comment on them? The PMX56 is available through Chino, but the PMA56 I only found in one eBay auction.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Another option is PMA56-2723 - which has the advantage of duratect, perpetual calendar and sapphire crystal. And of course the more classical stuff like AJ0100-02E or even the High-End Quartz SBCM023.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2723 looks good, but I would rather get her a true dive watch. The other two are cool (specially the SBC023!) but are just too big.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Luciano

I had the all DLC version of the PMX56-2812....it was the 3002. These are nice watches Katsu-san has the mens model in stock and I bet he can get you the ladies as well with a quick email. I really like Katsu I've dealt with all 3 JDM guys quite a bit and katsu is just a good guy!

If you look in the Citi review section I reviewed the 3002. Other than the all DLC and dial/hand cosmetics the watches are identical in construction. The 2812 does not have DLC (it would be black) but it is Duratect throughout. It is also a monocoque case. The dial and date window are small but the case width is 43mm with crown not 47mm. The lume on these models is truly outstanding I did some lume tests against the Sumo and Monster and this watch was more legible than my Monster 7 hours later and the same as my Sumo. Plus it's blue!

I've always thought this was a great looking eco diver and especially the ladies too. Good luck

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jbdan, is this the PMX56-3002?
And there's a lady's version of this?!?!?!? O:) O:) O:)

I'm all excited because the 3002 was a watch that I drooled over when it came out (last year?) so I would be more interested in getting it then the 2812. However, I showed my wife the 2822 (silver and blue) and she liked it, so I would have to see what she thinks of the all-black version. It's really important that she likes it because for this whole "Citizen couple" idea to work they have to be matching watches. I do like the 2812, but I like the all-black 3002 more, however her opinion would settle it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Matching divers? Sounds suspiciously like a way to rationalize buying another watch for yourself.... (good man!)

Here's my wife's dive watch. It's about 40mm but looks great on her slim wrist (and she says it's comfortable). Hard to go wrong with an ecodrive.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately my wife is just beginning into this watch business (well, at least I like to kid myself that she is), so I have to go gentle with her. I have to find something that won't be too outlandish for her, so I have to keep it smaller then 35 mm. Anything too big and she won't wear.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Lu

Unfortunately there is not a ladies version of the 3002 sorry if you misunderstood my post. It is a sharp watch, but I sold mine mainly because I had too many divers and the all black just got old for me....I prefer some silver bling ;D on my watches.

The blue version looks awesome I believe.....before I bought the 3002 I almost bit on the blue....I don't like the dial and font style of the black dial version. Blue all the way if I was to get one of these!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I showed my wife the 3002 and she prefers the blue one. But after thinking about it, the blue one is more versatile as a daily wearer, so I think I'll go with the 2812 + 2822.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great choices!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts