The Watch Site banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I saw that watch on ebay. Looks real nice. The going price on these has skyrocketed in the last two years. I have a few of them and none were more than $50. The 2205 movement seems to be a temperamental little thing. Looks like you figured it out. I'm too chicken to dive into it yet.

Did you know there are 25 jewel 2205 movements? It takes a keen eye to find them on YH Japan. The Diafix on those are absolutely tiny. Just throwing that out there if you want to try something even more challenging.

·
Special Member
3,068 Posts
Tod - My daughter is graduating from VCU Arts in Richmond VA with dual degrees in Painting and Sculpting with a minor in Art History. VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) is also combined with the MCV (Medical College of Virginia). My daughter showed a lot of aptitude for Art growing up and my wife and I encouraged her to explore this path or she would regret it for the rest of her life not knowing. It is great to see someone with passion and talent in the Arts and I say the sky is the limit for her. She can do whatever she sets her mind to. She has worked hard over the past 4 years and my wife and I are proud of her accomplishments and so excited for her future. She may be considering grad school but I think she wants to take a year and see what is out there in the world for her. We shall see.
This is great John! It’s good that she has some great options and that Covid restrictions will be easing to open them up further. My son who graduated with his Masters right at the start of the Covid lockdown had everything shut down on him. He is starting searching again for jobs after doing substitute teaching this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vette Enthusiast

·
Special Member
5,398 Posts
Beautiful piece John, and fantastic work. Congrats on your daughter’s graduation. I’m sure she’s going to love it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts