The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Craftsman
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of your may have seen my WTB ad over in the Trading Post section seeking one of these 150m Lady Divers as a college graduation gift for my daughter's upcoming graduation this month. Some call this the 6105 of Lady Divers. Well, I managed to wrangle a nice unmolested one off ebay a few weeks back. Gentleman said it came out of a jeweler's estate. Paid a good bit for this one but given the condition, I can see why.

When I received the watch it would run for a few seconds and then stop. All the cosmetics on this watch were brilliant with a nearly mint dial and hand set and outer rotating bezel in very nice shape. The bezel was slightly off the mark so that would need to be dealt with. The crystal was nearly flawless so no need to source a new one.

This is the second 2205A cal hi-beat movement I have done and I must say this is quite the engineering piece and quite complex for its diminutive size; about the diameter of a US nickel. This timepiece beats at 28,800 BPH with a lift angle of 46 degrees. I was impressed with the number of components making up the case on this watch. Seiko really went all out on the design for this piece.

The watch turned out better than expected and is running very well. The balance hairspring was tweaked on this one so it would not run properly once serviced so I had go source a new balance which I understand is fairly common with these. Had to do that on the last 2205 I serviced as well. The balance on these is so delicate. The rest is pretty straight forward. Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.

Before:

Case Components:

Dial:

Movement Service 2205A Hi-Beat:

Timing and Regulation:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Snap - I've got a customer's one to do. I bought a dress 2205 because his (for his daughter too) needed a new balance.
Lovely movements - very high quality unlike the 4205.

Good work as usual and a lovely gift ;-)

·
Special Member
7,356 Posts
My oh My John that is an amazing turnaround !

These lady divers with the classic looks are amazing any way you slice it, your daughter is going to have a fantastic performing, high-beat 28,800 bph time peice that will last for decades.

·
Craftsman
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My oh My John that is an amazing turnaround !

These lady divers with the classic looks are amazing any way you slice it, your daughter is going to have a fantastic performing, high-beat 28,800 bph time peice that will last for decades.

Yeah Jon. These are really cool timepieces. I have wanted one for some time. Just did not have a reason to buy one until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
Beautiful watch John - a little gem indeed. well done.

Reactions: Vette Enthusiast

·
Craftsman
3,896 Posts
Great work as always John!

I'm sure your daughter will treasure it and congratulation on her graduation!

·
Special Member
2,883 Posts
Such a great little watch. Love the proportions, feels so tall and "tough" looking. Labor of love and a great special gift. Great job and congrats to your daughter!

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,914 Posts
Congratulations to you and your daughter John! The quality of this watch is remarkable. Great brushing and bezel, you found a gem for sure. A terrific job on the service too.

So what did your daughter major in and what are her post graduation plans?

·
Craftsman
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations to you and your daughter John! The quality of this watch is remarkable. Great brushing and bezel, you found a gem for sure. A terrific job on the service too.

So what did your daughter major in and what are her post graduation plans?

Tod - My daughter is graduating from VCU Arts in Richmond VA with dual degrees in Painting and Sculpting with a minor in Art History. VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) is also combined with the MCV (Medical College of Virginia). My daughter showed a lot of aptitude for Art growing up and my wife and I encouraged her to explore this path or she would regret it for the rest of her life not knowing. It is great to see someone with passion and talent in the Arts and I say the sky is the limit for her. She can do whatever she sets her mind to. She has worked hard over the past 4 years and my wife and I are proud of her accomplishments and so excited for her future. She may be considering grad school but I think she wants to take a year and see what is out there in the world for her. We shall see.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My daughter showed a lot of aptitude for Art growing up and my wife and I encouraged her to explore this path
Your daughter is one of the lucky few who have supportive parents like you. Kudos and congratulations to you both!

She can do whatever she sets her mind to. She has worked hard over the past 4 years and my wife and I are proud of her accomplishments and so excited for her future. She may be considering grad school but I think she wants to take a year and see what is out there in the world for her. We shall see.
All the key ingredients are there, so you can expect nothing short of her achieving her goals.

·
Craftsman
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your daughter is one of the lucky few who have supportive parents like you. Kudos and congratulations to you both!

All the key ingredients are there, so you can expect nothing short of her achieving her goals.
That you for your interest and the kind words Sir. 😎

1 - 20 of 25 Posts