The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been busy overhauling two 6139s for a fellow SCWF forum member over the past several weeks. Thought this 7070 from 74 was both unique and beautiful. I have to honestly say I have never seen this model before. Dial and hands were in very nice shape. Case was sharp with distinct brushing on the top surfaces and sides. The member provided me with a brand new OE crystal to replace the badly scratched one on the watch. I did a conservative case refurb refinishing the lower side of the case and case back and upper SS outer bezel ring. Made all the difference in the appearance of the timepiece. Timegrapher numbers look very good following 24hrs run in time. Beautiful piece. Thanks for looking.

Before:

Case Refinish:

Movement Service:

Final Assembly:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Looks nice John!
But look closely. It looks like you are missing the holding screw for the coupling levers........
The teal 7039 and the 7070's are beautiful watches. I have a 7070 in my project line up but it's way back in the line..........lol

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks nice John!
But look closely. It looks like you are missing the holding screw for the coupling levers........
The teal 7039 and the 7070's are beautiful watches. I have a 7070 in my project line up but it's way back in the line..........lol
Tom - Nice observation. Not sure why I decided to take the pic at that moment. I will go and check my work and my parts bin. :confused:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Really nice work, wish you were closer. I bought this one in Jan as a fixer upper. Not keen on the dial .It seems really dull to me. Has original bracelet but is in a poor stretched condition.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh my. Well, I guess I owe Tom a debt or gratitude for pointing out the missing screw to the coupling levers. I recall getting a phone call around the time I was assembling this part of the movement. I distinctly remember looking at that screw and could have sworn I installed it but a check of my parts bin and there it was sitting uninstalled. Guess I am human after all and a bit humbled. Tom, thank you. Ten minutes and all is right again. :D

PS - As embarrassed as I am at overlooking this screw, you can guess what I was thinking at that moment and it was not "Oh my". :poop:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It's easy to get distracted when working on watches and and any interruption can break our focus making something as small as a screw get overlooked.
btw, nice barrel arbor jewel work there............:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts