The Watch Site banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Okay folks. The finale. Finished up the 6139-6001 this afternoon by installing the pushers and automatic works. I found some temporary seals for the pushers among my spare parts. Not exact but I will swap them out when the new crown seal and pusher seals arrive from VTA. What a great timepiece. Really pleased with how this one turned out both mechanically and aesthetically. The bracelet is aftermarket from Seikosis. I have to say I am impressed with the build quality, fit, and finish of the bracelet. I polished out the sides of the clasp which is something I like to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
So it has been a while since I originally restored and serviced this watch last Summer but some projects are a work in progress. Today I treated this lovely piece to one of Tom Robinson’s (SeikoPsycho2) new Pogue crystals and while I had the movement out of the case I decided to mix up some lume and re-worked the H/M hands and the triangular lume pip on the inner rotating bezel. I also recently acquired a period correct straight H-Link bracelet from John (Jringo) which I wet sanded and re-brushed. Another reason to open her up was a loose cannon pinion. The watch was keeping good time but the hands were very touchy when setting. Tightened up the cannon pinion using a tool to squeeze the crimp and all is well now. Loving this piece more and more knowing how it started out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts