The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need your help really so everyone's welcome to add some info.Now on to the problem, I have a 7002 Diver's that I wanted to remove the crown stem out, I pushed the lever with a pin and I easily removed it then I just proceeded to replace it but I forgot to push the lever and I just pushed the crown stem back BOOM the lever disappeared and went inside the movement! of course I cannot engage the crown stem back on place! what am I going to do now? is there any easy solution or I just messed all things up for good?

·
Craftsman
3,720 Posts
You should be able to insert the stem without depressing the lever. Usually, if you gently turn the crown back and forth while inserting it you'll feel everything line up at which point you will be able to fully insert it.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
As said above, you dont have to depress the lever to insert the stem, just push it in gently and rotate it a little, youll feel it engage.
With the movement removed from the case you might manage to manipulate the lever back into the release position (out)with a needle, then try reinserting the stem.
If it happens again then you may have a problem such as a loose screw in the setting lever spring or the setting lever clutch arm, check the clutch lever end hasnt jumped out of its groove. removal of the date wheel and guard is required to check the keyless works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts