1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
No way Jose!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I was looking at that one too. It's a pretty average specimen anyway.
Difficult to see the photo's clearly, but the date seems to be July 1972 which doesn't seem quite right. Every other Sunrise I've seen seems to have 2N or 2D serial.
It won't sell for that money.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
No way, but this is a deal especially with free shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
This is the dog we've discussed here before, ran a full auction cycle on Yahoo Japan with no takers.

So glad to see the fact that the case back must be 2N or 2 D to be fully legit us getting to be so well accepted.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
beautiful watch but nope. That kind of coin could purchase other very nice watches. It's just too much ...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I've seen some ridiculous asking prices, doesn't mean they'll sell. The other day I saw a common 7009 with an asking price of $500 and a non runner.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
I've seen some ridiculous asking prices, doesn't mean they'll sell. The other day I saw a common 7009 with an asking price of $500 and a non runner.
People are out of their minds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As collectors , would you like to see the value of your collection goes up or goes down ? Strangely, the Rollei guy are always excited about new high record sales of some rare models while the Seikki guys are always complaining a high priced Seiko. Nothing personal, just want to point out this point & I am indeed a truly Seiko guy.
P.S. to tell U a secret: What I most wanted is the rocketing px of rarer Seiko models - but I have waited it for 20 years but it never happens - well, had rised about 3 times tough.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As collectors , would you like to see the value of your collection goes up or goes down ? Strangely, the Rollei guy are always excited about new high record sales of some rare models while the Seikki guys are always complaining a high priced Seiko. Nothing personal, just want to point out this point & I am indeed a truly Seiko guy.
Well it's completely different mentality, guys going for vintage Seiko and those going for Rolex. I personally couldn't care less about prices of watches in my collection, especially Seiko and Citizen as those are never gonna be sold, as long as I am around that is :)
There is one million better things to invest in than watches and people claiming they choose one brand over the other because of value retention and investment are for the most part people who buy watches they can't really afford for the sole purpose of impressing others. I can see why Seiko collectors don't like price hikes, their heart is never on the sell side.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Collecting Seikos isn't about investments for most, it's about a passion for Seikos.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts