The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
IMO we have been fortunate that the 6309-704Xs have been so cheap for so long, under priced in reality for what they are.

My theory is that all the so called restored ones from the HHCs has kept the price of Pukka originals so low. Guys think they are buying a genuine restored 6309 so why pay more for an original that may require a little work? and i imagine for some people it doesent matter that every thing is after market because it was cheap :)

One day though I think nice originals will dry up, not many about like your last one David (or the last one you showed).

·
Veteran Member
28,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one John ?

I have only strapped it on my wrist once for a few minutes, I don't dare wear it about.

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
Thats the one David I would have been more than happy with it :)

·
Special Member
2,057 Posts
the first auction is a perfect example of shill bidding with one 6309 rookie. it's blatantly obvious with a 91.7% feedback SELLER. I don't think you can look at pricing with this auction's red flags...

hell, the watch itself is not that great. the dial and hand lume is terrible.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think everything has gone up by 40% or more.

I've been doing this for just about a year now. (Also noticed that my 1 year anniversary at WUS was on the 13th). Prices on the AM 6309 turtles went from 130-140 to like 180+. Pogues have gone up. Bells have gone up.

I hate it!

I'm glad i got on when i did. But i'm pretty much priced out of everything now. I'm doing the whole "back when i was middle aged popcorn used to cost 10 cents.

I think there's been a big resurgence in our hobby. I'm guessing from the blogs and iwatch talk? John mayer (gross) hodinkee interviews?

Just to redeem some cool. I always liked the idea of watches and had a bunch of fashion brands but then my gf made the horrible mistake of buying me a watch box. Then i sought out one "nice watch"... Which ended up being an sna411. The plan was to buy one nice watch a year...

·
Registered
529 Posts
In the past couple of years, a lot of Seikos have been consistently going up. I remember when 6139s could easily be had for under $100. It's sad that while the prices are going up, the number of aftermarket franken pieces is also increasing.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
Assuming there were no shills, someone got ripped off. Look at the AM dial and hands. Someone paid more than twice what it's worth.
The seller did state it had after market dial and hands.

Q: Would Seiko service a watch with after market dial/hands or would there service guys not notice/be concerned ?

·
Ultimate Collector
3,295 Posts
It's getting more and more difficult to buy original 6309's. Most advertised on eBay have been ruined by so many AM parts, especially dials and over polished cases, rendering them almost worthless to the likes of us.

I think it is reasonable to understand the days of cheap 6309's are rapidly disappearing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts