The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why a 4r36 movement costs nearly double that of a NH36 movement? From my research, there does not seem to be any difference mechanically?

-Roderick

·
Registered
808 Posts
Does anyone know why a 4r36 movement costs nearly double that of a NH36 movement? From my research, there does not seem to be any difference mechanically?

-Roderick
There is no physical differences in quality or materials. You pay the higher price for the 4e36 because it is Seiko branded while the NH36 is sold as a third party movement by SII.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no physical differences in quality or materials. You pay the higher price for the 4e36 because it is Seiko branded while the NH36 is sold as a third party movement by SII.
Thanks for the info! I probably will just use the 4r36 for my SKX781 upgrade because my watchmaker already has those in stock.

Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for when getting a new movement? I do not want to have a case similar to @SC-Texas with his somewhat erratic running Orange Samurai.

-Roderick

·
Registered
808 Posts
Thanks for the info! I probably will just use the 4r36 for my SKX781 upgrade because my watchmaker already has those in stock.

Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for when getting a new movement? I do not want to have a case similar to @SC-Texas with his somewhat erratic running Orange Samurai.

-Roderick
Along with the movement, you will need a new stem/crown. The existing on will not fit the 7s26. I believe the replacement comes from a SARB065 or similar.
As for the movement...it's just a gamble you will have to take.

·
Registered
240 Posts

-Roderick
I've been told by Spencer that this is a problem that is randomly endemic with the 4r35 and 6R-15 movements.

Therefore, since it is randomly distributed you may or may not have the problem. I get this information because I asked the same thing about replacing the 4R36 movement with the 6R15.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Along with the movement, you will need a new stem/crown. The existing on will not fit the 7s26. I believe the replacement comes from a SARB065 or similar.
As for the movement...it's just a gamble you will have to take.
Thanks for the information. I have a stem/crown for a second generation Monster (that uses the 4r36) coming from fellow member Duarte1.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been told by Spencer that this is a problem that is randomly endemic with the 4r35 and 6R-15 movements.

Therefore, since it is randomly distributed you may or may not have the problem. I get this information because I asked the same thing about replacing the 4R36 movement with the 6R15.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is unfortunate. I think I will update my Orange Monster with a 4r36 once my stem/crown comes in. I will also try to source a 6r15 and the appropriate stem crown for my SKX173. That watch is nearly 10 years old and needs servicing anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts