The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...
So I recently started a thread asking why I'm so nutty in picking up multiples of the same watch....

So I unloaded some watches in order to pick these up.

These will be joining my other two. There is just something so special about these divers. I can't articulate it into words. But now I have a pair of each.
Here are the ones that are already in the watch box. I was lucky to find the 8110 in my birth month/year -- I'm hesitant to replace the crystal and keep
it all original because I'm a sentimental fool.....The 8000 is older than I.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheTigerUK said:
That 8110 is just CRYING out to have a new crystal !!!!!!!!!!!they look real beauties :clap: :clap:

The Tiger has spoken. It just so happens I have a Jonathan's crystal in my parts box in case I do....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
84Maroon said:
Looking at it on my phone, it looks like the marker frames are pained black.

I will snap pics when it arrives...If there is an issue the I can return it to the seller...Although I do think its the lighting....
You guys are the best!! :))

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cannop said:
It'll be intersting to see what it's like in the metal so to speak. The black indices frames prevented me from bidding on that one. With a bit of luck it's either the light or it will clean off. The rest of the watch looks peachy. :clap: :clap:

I think its the lighting because in the first pic the hour/minute hands seem to be the same color...I would doubt that the hands were painted black :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
davidk said:
I think its the lighting because in the first pic the hour/minute hands seem to be the same color...I would doubt that the hands were painted black :)
Fingers crossed! :)

I had doubts because the date frame is obviously correct (ie reflects) and the indicies frames didn't, they look the colour of the dial. It's pointless pontificating though, we'll find out when it arrives. I do hope it is just the light, or at least an easy fix for you. I had enough grief cleaning the frames on my 62mas's to last a lifetime!

·
Registered
882 Posts
davidk said:

I agree, you can see part of the date window reflecting.

·
Administrator
28,568 Posts
Cannop said:
Fingers crossed! :)

I had doubts because the date frame is obviously correct (ie reflects) and the indicies frames didn't, they look the colour of the dial. It's pointless pontificating though, we'll find out when it arrives. I do hope it is just the light, or at least an easy fix for you. I had enough grief cleaning the frames on my 62mas's to last a lifetime!

I have noticed a few times Duncan when taking a picture of the 6105 dials that if you get the lighting "wrong" the date window can look to have sharp corners because the gloss on the sides look black and disappear into the dial and the same with the hour markers but like you say until it arrives why pontificate :).

·
Registered
24,695 Posts
That my friends is a True McCoy :great:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
I have noticed a few times Duncan when taking a picture of the 6105 dials that if you get the lighting "wrong" the date window can look to have sharp corners because the gloss on the sides look black and disappear into the dial and the same with the hour markers but like you say until it arrives why pontificate :).
I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to paint them black to be honest! :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
84Maroon said:
You gotta admit, it wouldn't be the strangest thing that came from the Bay ;)
You are not wrong there, my 6105 came from the bay completely painted in black emulsion, the case, the crown , even the bezel and insert. I'm kind of glad it did as it meant I got it for £75 and the paint had kept the watch pretty nice whilst it kicked around in drawer, here she is minus the paint, everything including the crystal and insert are original.
as for the odd looking picture of the 8000 at the top of the page, well to me it looks like it's been scanned rather than photographed, the shiny bits always come out odd when you do that, the other thing that happens is you get weird rainbow effects in the picture
seikola

1 - 20 of 29 Posts