The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ii to everybody...
I just want show you a few pictures of a GMT Quartz Seiko. I introduced it to another forum and it seems it is a real rare watch. I have never seen one before...Do you know something on it? I found a picture from a 1973 Seiko catalog...
I hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
That's interesting, nice catch!.

·
Special Member
1,819 Posts
A nice and unusual watch.

As you have identified from the catalog these are usually known as Duotime.

These are quite rare but do come up now and then. They were only produced for a short period of time in the early 70's.

I have never seen a model with a yellow GMT hand so it may have been repainted.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

These are quite rare but do come up now and then. They were only produced for a short period of time in the early 70's.

Thanks Antony,
I think the hand was originally red; now it is discolored towards the yellow. It doesn't seems to be repainted...
Anybody knows how much were 80,000 Yen in 1973?
Luca

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Thanks Antony,
I think the hand was originally red; now it is discolored towards the yellow. It doesn't seems to be repainted...
Anybody knows how much were 80,000 Yen in 1973?
Luca
Approximately $300 US or 160,000 Italian Lira

·
Special Member
7,495 Posts
I am quite drawn to this model. I have never seen it before either. I have a 9943 and a 4004.

Can you explain how the GMT hand is adjusted?

Does the stem pull out to hey spot where it rotates the GMT hand?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

I thought the Duotime was the 5619 auto movement with a second 12hr hand.

·
Special Member
1,819 Posts
I thought the Duotime was the 5619 auto movement with a second 12hr hand.
The 5619 is the more common type of Duotime with a blue and silver faced version available.

The Quartz Duotime was available for a shorter period of time and I think only in a silver version.

amoredimamma can you let us know the case and dial numbers from the watch as it is one that does not come up often?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am quite drawn to this model. I have never seen it before either. I have a 9943 and a 4004.

Can you explain how the GMT hand is adjusted?

Does the stem pull out to hey spot where it rotates the GMT hand?
Sorry for my late reply; to adjust the GMT hand you have to pull out the stem on the first position, rotating it on one side it adjust the GMT hand, on the other side it fix the date. By pulling on the second position it adjust the time.

On the back cover the reference is: 3819 7009.
Serial number is 3N05XX. What does it means the N?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The 5619 is the more common type of Duotime with a blue and silver faced version available.

The Quartz Duotime was available for a shorter period of time and I think only in a silver version.

amoredimamma can you let us know the case and dial numbers from the watch as it is one that does not come up often?
reference is: 3819 7009 (on the back).
on the dial "Japan 3819" and "-7010T"

·
Registered
117 Posts
Serial number is 3N05XX. What does it means the N?
other more knowledgeable people will confirm, but all Seikos have a six-digit number, of which the first digit is for the year (I guess your 3 is for 1973) then the second is the month, with 1 to 9 for january to september, then 0, N, D for October, November and December. So yours would be from November 1973.................Philip

1 - 20 of 22 Posts